Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Layout with Ginger

Hello!  It's Ginger here today and
 I want to wish everyone a very Happy New Year! 
I am so looking forward to a new beginning and things seem to be looking up!

Don't forget to join in the fun for our Punches and Dies Challenge!
You have until Jan 31, 2014 to add your project to our Facebook album. 

I love this layout I created for The Crafty Scrapper Design Team.  
This photo is my oldest grandson Logan and my oldest granddaughter Kenzie.  Every year after Christmas we take the grandkids to Tyler, Texas on a little trip.  We normally go to the Tyler area and stay at a resort.  This year we stayed in a cabin by Lake Palestine.  The views were spectacular!  

I really loved all the papers from Fancy Pants - Timbergrove Collection.
I thought a long time how to create this layout and then it suddenly came to me.!  I used red cardstock and then Fancy Pants Timbergrove red and white paper which I distressed.  I sewed around the edge to give myself a little border to place the blue paper with the snowflakes.  I then distressed again.  On the flip side I saw this gorgeous silver snowflake paper!  I think it looks yummy!  I used by Martha Stewart Cherish Punch.  I was given white ribbon with the pom poms and then I placed the sparkly blue ribbon in between!


This was rather hard to complete this look!  I had seen this done several months ago and I thought it would look great on this layout.  So, I cut out three strips of paper, added ink to the outside, and rolled them up.  I then added the eyelets, attached the paper and then added string to tie them up!  After I completed the first one the rest was rather easy!  Yea..score one for me!




Here you can see all the layers that I used.  I also used from Kaisercraft the wooden hinges plus I added the little pearls.  The flourish is from Maya Roads which I painted a light blue.  You can see the little snowflakes from Maya Roads and painted them blue but then added stickles plus a blue center.



Look at all the lovely flowers!  These are from Petaloo!  I also added a wooden square plus had a little tag that I painted and wrote "cousins" on it.  I had in my stash this cute little clear round ball and found some clear teardrops as well.

Here is a list of items that I used:

Fancy Pants - Timbergrove Collection - Timbergrove Strips Paper
Fancy Pants - Timbergrove Collection - Powder Paper
Fancy Pants - Timbergrove Collection - Crystals Paper
Bazzill - Red Cardstock
Maya Roads - Snowflakes, Flourishs
Martha Stewart - Cherish Punch
Tim Holtz - Distress Took, Blue Distress Ink
White & Blue Ribbon - TCS
Petaloo - Flowers
White Tear Drop - TCS
Ranger - Glossy Accents
Kaisercraft - Wooden Hinges
Blue Thread

Thank you for taking a peek and please visit The Crafty Scrapper for all you scrapbooking needs. 



Hugs – Ginger

2 comments:

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Wow!!!! Thee is so much to see and love here!!!! The berries, the color, the snowflake paper, and the tiny scrolls rolled up are all just fabulous!

Robin Marshall Clark said...

Oh my! Those little rolls are so darn cute! I can definitely appreciate the work that went in to them. Thanks for inspiring!