Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Class Clown by Melissa Hines

For those of you that don't know me, I have been around 'scrapping' for a long time and run the gammut from 12x12, cards, art journals, canvas, ATC, and anything else that involves paper, paint, ink .. bring it on.   For the last couple of years I dabbled in digital and manipulating vintage photos with a quirky spin.   So thankful that Carolyn asked me to come back and be a part of The Crafty Scrapper and so looking forward to what we can create together.


I am new to blogging and writing down the creative steps to glory, so bear with me.  
Typically I never have a plan and just spread everything out on the table and
start siftin’ & sortin’ until all of a sudden you look up and see the face of
your new lovely baby.. or creation.. whichever fits.  



For this first design effort I was provided with the most awesome stash of supplies from
the Times & Seasons 2 papers & stickers from Echo Park paper company.  

 Believe me, every piece is AWESOME!  Just LOOK at this vintage goodness -- and think how much printer ink you save by purchasing all this joy!  

 Run to the store now and add to your stash.... 

Using these supplies, my favorite Tim Holtz die cuts (Hardware and the clock) & distress inks, Wendi’s embossing paste, Maya Road’s clocks and a vintage group picture by Tumblefish @ DeviantScrap.com… .

If you have not tried Wendi's Embossing Paste, you are MISSING OUT!!!!   Do not let the name or the thought intimdate you - it is smooot like velvet - the black gives the look and feel somewhat of flocked paper.  Two minutes to professional results - you will be addicted. 



here is the outcome… 
I liked that it sort of appeared like a photo hanging on old Aunt Gilly's wall.. ha!

 

But wait!!!!   There is more!!!!!

I was having so much fun so I made another using a vintage 
photo from Hidden Vintage Studio. 

This uses the same sets of papers and stickers from the Times & Seasons 2, Tim Holtz fading dots stencil and Wendi's Silver Embossing paste.  There is alos a Maya Road clcok, Wendi's bar stencil and the target stencil is Crafters Workshop I believe.   The angel wings are from my stash. 





Hope you have enjoyed my submissions today and encourage you to think outside the box and jump in to the fun this line has to offier.  

Just let me know if you have any questions and as always, I will tell you everything I know
(and try not to make up the rest). 

have fun!
Melissa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool!

craftyscrapper said...

Melissa I love your style and I love your personality, welcome to the crazy family!

Steven said...

I'm neither a scrapper nor a politician, but I can sort of read and look at pictures. I like your stuff, Melissa Hines. You'll go far in life with the kind of slice and dice, glue and woo-hoo creativity. And if you don't, at least you'll have a dull pair of scissors to leave your heirs.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

So COOL!!! Love the quirky yet vintage feel!